IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on Advanced Materials and Processes for RF and THz Applications (IMWS-AMP 2021) is co-organized by National University of Singapore Chongqing Research Institute, Chongqing University, NUS Suzhou Research Institute, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Science and Technology on Monolithic Integrated Circuits and Modules Laboratory, and IEEE AP/MTT Joint Societies Chongqing Chapter. IMWS-AMP 2021 is a continuation of a series of annual international events held in Suzhou, China (2015), Chengdu, China (2016), Pavia, Italy (2017), Michigan, USA (2018), Bochum, Germany (2019) and Virtual (2020). The purpose of this platform is to boost technical and educational activities as well as exchanges and collaborations within the international microwave community.
IMWS-AMP 2021 will be held in Chongqing, China on Nov 15-17, 2021. IMWS-AMP 2021 will feature both invited and contributed papers. Distinguished researchers will be invited to deliver keynote speeches on technology trends and significant advances in relevant topics. Contributed papers are solicited for the same topics as listed below.
Yongxin Guo, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Yuanan Liu, Beijing Posts and Telecommunications, China
Yong Fan, University of Electronic Science and Technology, China
Kama Huang, Sichuan University, China
Deyun Zhou, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
Technical Program Committee Chair
Mingchun Tang, Chongqing University, China
Technical Program Committee Co-Chairs
Long Li, Xidian University, China
Yongle Wu, Beijing Posts and Telecommunications, China
Bing Zhang, Sichuan University, China
Shigang Zhou, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
Siping Gao, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Maurizio Bozzi, University of Pavia, Italy
International Advisory Committee Co-Chairs
Yueping Zhang, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Richard W. Ziolkowski, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Bingzhong Wang, University of Electronic Science and Technology, China
Awards Committee Co-Chairs
Xudong Chen, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Yujian Cheng, University of Electronic Science and Technology, China
Shaoqiu Xiao, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
Buning Tian, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
Wei Ni, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
Bin Luo, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
Shaode Huang, Chongqing University, China
Faeyz Karim, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Local Arrangements Co-Chairs
Yantao Yu, Chongqing University, China
Mei Li, Chongqing University, China
Da Yi, Chongqing University, China
Jianing Yang, Chongqing University, China
Ting Shi, University of Electronic Science and Technology, China
Electronic Paper Submission:
Prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts in electronic (PDF) format only. All papers must be written in English and limited to three pages including text, references, and figures. A template is available on the IMWS-AMP 2021 website. Papers submitted will be peer reviewed and all papers presented at the conference will be included in IEEE Xplore pending quality review. Note that one-page abstracts can also be acceptable, but it will not be included in IEEE Xplore.
Special Issues in IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques and IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology:
Authors of all papers presented at IEEE IMWS-AMP 2021 are invited to submit an expanded version of their papers to a Mini-Special Issue of (1) IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. or (2) IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology. Every paper will be reviewed by the respective journal in the same manner as all other regular submissions.
Best Student Paper Awards:
Awards for Best Student Papers will be presented to the winners at the conference. The Awards Committee will judge the papers primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and reviewers’ reports. To qualify for the Best Student Paper, the author must be a full-time student who presents, as the first author, the paper at the conference.
The topics include, but are not limited to, the following technical areas:
• Carbon nanotubes and 2D electronic and optoelectronic devices (e.g. graphene and beyond graphene)
• Wide bandgap and other emerging semiconductor materials (e.g. ionic materials) based electronic devices: characterization, modelling and design
• Advanced silicon, integrated passive devices and through substrate via
• Low-temperature co-fired ceramic and liquid crystal polymer based microwave devices
• Large-area printing, inkjet printing and 3D printing materials and processes for RF and THz applications
• Fan-out wafer/panel level packaging for 5G mmWave and IoT, etc.
• Flexible materials for RF electronics and antennas
• Engineered metamaterials and plasmonics for absorption, cloaking, and wave manipulation
• Ferromagnetic materials and superconducting materials
• Spin-wave and magnetic crystal materials
• Passive/active microwave and terahertz devices (material characterization, fabrications, and applications)
• Antennas with advanced/complex/artificial materials and processes
1. Paper submission consists of two stages. Preliminary paper submission is due on July 15, 2021. The authors of acceptance papers will be requested to submit their final manuscripts.
2. All papers must be submitted in the IEEE standard two-column format. Make sure that the manuscript does not exceed the 3-page limit, including figures, tables, and references. The final manuscript must be a PDF file with the file size less than 3MB. The paper must contain enough information for the Technical Programme Committee (TPC) and reviewers to judge on the originality and quality of the work. Note that one-page abstracts can also be acceptable, but it will NOT be included in IEEE Xplore.
3. In EDAS paper-submission system, you should see three track options: Invited, Regular, and Special Session. Choose “Invited” if you are invited by the Technical Programme Committee (TPC) and choose “Special Session” if you are invited by the organizers of Special Session.
4. Authors may optionally choose to not include the paper in IEEE Xplore.
• Template - MS Word
• Template - LaTex