IEEE 2018 International Conference on Applied Superconductivity and Electromagnetic Devices (ASEMD2018) will be held from 15 to 18 April 2018 in China. ASEMD2018 is cosponsored by IEEE Beijing Section and Tianjin University, China.
The 1st ASEMD conference was held in Chengdu, China, on September 25-27, 2009; the 2nd was in Sydney, on December 14-16, 2011; the 3rd was in Beijing, China, on October 25-27, 2013; and the 4th was in Shanghai on November 20-23, 2015.
Applied superconductivity is generally categorized into material, electrical and electronic sections. Material synthesis and characterization, power applications, rotating machines, and magnet technology are essential components comprising one principal part of the ASEMD scope.
Electromagnetic devices, the other principle part of ASEMD, covers electric, magnetic, and electronic devices, either superconducting or not. This part also includes work in electromagnetic analysis, measurement, and automation.
ASEMD2018 continues the focus and provides a forum for both academic and industrial researchers in the relevant fields to discuss and share ideas, present results, reflect on past experiences and discuss future developments.
The contributed and accepted papers to the previous ASEMD conferences have been all published in its proceedings and uploaded to the IEEE Xplore digital library and been EI indexed, and also published in special issues of IEEE Transaction on Applied Superconductivity after through the normal peer review process.
The scope of the conference includes principally the following topics:
A. Electromagnetic Materials
1. Practical superconductors, HTS and LTS wires/tapes, films, and bulk superconductors.
2. Advanced materials for emerging EM technologies.
3. Materials for superconducting devices.
B. Superconducting Electric Power Devices
1. Transmission and distribution cables, links, SC loops
2. Transformers and reactors
3. Fault current limiters
4. Energy storage, SMES
5. Current leads
C. Electrical Power Systems
1. Grid studies with superconducting equipment
2. Active distribution network and micro-grid
3. Smart grid systems
4. Power system analysis, protection and control
5. High voltage transmission technology
D. Electrical Machines
1. Superconducting machines
2. Permanent magnet machines
3. AC machines and their applications
4. Electrical machine design and modeling
5. Special machines and electromechanical devices.
1. Superconducting magnets and systems
2. Permanent magnets
4. Magnet applications, MRI, Tokomaks, ITER, etc.
F. Superconducting Electronics
1. Microwave and THz devices & systems
2. Junction and circuit design and fabrication
3. SQUIDs and related detectors
4. Other passive & active electronic devices
5. Applications of superconducting electronics
G. Cryogenics and Thermal/Electrical Insulation
2. Cooling systems for LTS/HTS applications
3. Thermal insulation for LTS/HTS devices
4. Electrical insulation for LTS/HTS devices
H. Modeling, Analysis and Design
1. Modeling of material properties, such as magnetization, pinning, polarization and losses
2. Modeling of the superconducting stability and quench protection
3. Numerical Analysis for superconducting and electromagnetic devices
4. Multi-physical computation for superconducting and electromagnetic devices
5. Optimization for superconducting and electromagnetic devices
I. Other Relevant Topics
ASEMD is an IEEE conference having cosponsors
IEEE Beijing Section and Tianjin University
International Steering Committee
Chair of ASEMD International Advisor Board
Prof. S. X. Dou
Chair of ASEMD Team of Program and Technical Committee
Prof. J. G. Zhu
Chairs of Publication Board
Dr. J. Du, Prof. M. Q. Zhou, Prof. J. X. Jin
Chair of Conference
Prof. J. X. Jin
Chair of Secretarial Team
Dr. Y. G. Guo