The XXII World Congress of the International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO) is being held in the UK for the first time in over 40 years and hosted by the Institute of Measurement and Control with active involvement of many other UK professional bodies, the National Physical Laboratory, Universities and industry.
Belfast, the capital city of Northern Ireland, is playing host to delegates from across the world for what promises to be an interesting and scientifically challenging World Congress, bringing together leading experts from many countries to report on the latest exciting developments in their fields. ‘Knowledge Through Measurement’, a theme from the work of Lord Kelvin, the great scientist, engineer and entrepreneur who was born in Belfast, is the strap-line for IMEKO 2018.
The invited speakers are some of the most distinguished in their field, and many sessions held during the week will provide real insight into what is new in this most topical and economically important of fields. The exhibition aims to showcase some of the leading developments in industry from the UK, Europe and indeed across the world.
IMEKO 2018 will also host an exciting social programme which will allow attendees, be they from industry or academia, exhibitors or contributors. After the meeting, the city can be an excellent center to explore the beautiful countryside and historic landmarks to be seen across Ireland.
For full details and scope of congress topics, please click here.
- TC1 Education and Training in Measurement and Instrumentation
- TC2 Photonics
- TC3 Measurement of Force, Mass and Torque
- TC4 Measurement of Electrical Quantities
- TC5 Hardness Measurement
- TC7 Measurement Science
- TC8 Traceability in Metrology
- TC9 Flow Measurement
- TC10 Technical Diagnostics
- TC11 Metrological Infrastructures
- TC12 Temperature and Thermal Measurements
- TC13 Measurements in Biology and Medicine
- TC14 Measurement of Geometrical Quantities
- TC15 Experimental Mechanics
- TC16 Pressure and Vacuum Measurements
- TC17 Measurement in Robotics
- TC18 Measurement of Human Functions
- TC19 Environmental Measurements
- TC20 Measurements of Energy and Related Quantities
- TC21 Mathematical Tools for Measurements
- TC22 Vibration Measurement
- TC23 Metrology in Food and Nutrition
- TC24 Chemical Measurements
- S & A